Google+ is quickly growing in the social media world and one of the reason is because it can live stream to YouTube. Growing your visibility is easy if you combine the power of Google+ and YouTube. Google+ has an easy to use feature which is a Google Hangout. A Google Hangout is a plugin for a video chat service and much more. You can invite up to 10 people to have an online meeting and contribute at the same time. A Google+ Hangout is a great marketing tool and it is free. A Google+ Hangout can easily be streamed to YouTube further increasing your visibility.
What Can You Stream to YouTube Using Google+ ?
- Press releases
- Interactive question and answer sessions
- Advertisement of your product
- Client testimonials
- Behind the scene videos about you and your business
- Roundtable discussions
- Trade Shows
Benefits of Streaming Live Google+ Hangouts to YouTube
- See how many viewers you have – During the broadcast you can see how many people are watching live.
- You can record and reshare – You can upload a recording to your Google+ page and other social media outlets.
- Bloggers and individuals can share your video and increase your visibility.
- Google+ allows you to easily promote public Hangouts.
- Share the URL to your video in marketing and advertising.
- Choose who you invite to participate.
- Organize contacts with Google Circles and Events allowing you to follow up.
- Target the right demographic by searching for those with a particular area of interest.
- A presence on Google+ and YouTube helps you climb in Google’s search engine rankings.
Tips to Make Your Live Google+ Hangout Amazing
To get started you need to create an event. Creating an event will give you a landing page to share and promote the video. Remember that you can also create an event on other social media sites like Facebook. You can also create a press release about the event and submit it to media outlets.
To broadcast your Hangout directly to your YouTube channel you have to do a bit more than check the button that says “Enable Hangouts on Air.” Be sure to familiarize yourself with the technical aspects of the Hangout. It is a good idea to do a practice Hangout with trusted family or friends if you are not familiar with using Google+ Hangouts before you go live.
Be sure your computer meets Google’s system requirements for Hangouts.
Check the light source and background in the area you will be broadcasting from. Check your image on webcam before you go live to make sure there is nothing distracting in the background and that you can be seen well.
The time of day and amount of sunlight can affect the clarity of the video. Consider this when choosing the time of the event.
The ability to record and stream live events is quickly becoming a must in social media marketing. Now is the time to get started and take advantage of the power of Google+ and YouTube.
- Google+ Hangouts on Air: 5 Reasons to Use it from the NY Times
- 20 Steps on How to Setup and Run a Google+ On Air Video